JENNIE

I AM ON METHADONE AND BECAUSE OF MY HEP IT SEEMS THAT IT CAN HOLD ME FOR DAYS.WHEN I DO TAKE IT WITHIN 2-4 HOURS I AM SLOWLY NODDING OFF.NO LONGER ON ANY HIV, AND STOPPED THE INJECTION IN MY BELLY, VERY TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. THAT WAS FOR ME ANY WAY,I KNOW IT WORKS WELL FOR OTHERS. WHY DOESN'T MY DR. REDUCE OR TRY TO WEAN ME OFF THE METH.,I'VE DESCRIBED ALL THESE ITEMS WITH DR.I KNOW YOU HAVE NO LABS TO GO ON,BUT WHY WOULD YOU HESITATE FROM DOING SO? TIRED OF THE SLEEP. IT TAKES WHAT IT TAKES. THANK YOU.....

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Jennie,

I have heard this tale before. It sounds like you should be tapering off the methadone. Talk to your MD and to the social workers in the clinic. Good luck! DTD

HIV prevention!
fooling the virus