|Can having hep c affect hiv testing?
Oct 16, 2000
Dear doctor , Is it at all possible that being hepatitis C positive can affect detection of hiv ? For some reason I have this thought in my mind and would really like to know if this can be discarded. Thanking you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You can discard that thought. The tests for both diseases are very specific and they cannot interfere with each other. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diseases That Affect Hiv Testing
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.