|Sign of Infections
Oct 16, 2000
If you were exposed to someone who is HIV positive with hepatitis and is concerned about being affected, how soon will signs appear and what are the signs to look for? The exposure was not sexually.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If the exposure was not sex, and did not involve blood like on a needle, then there is no exposure. See previous questions for HIV exposure data. Hepatitis is a generic term and only hepatitis A may be transmitted from person to person with sexual or blood contact. The incubation period of that is about 3-4 weeks and is usually a benign process which never becomes chronic. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.