Hepatitis C and Viral Load

My viral load is 17 million due to Hepatitis C. I do not have HIV. Is this exceptionally high? I am considering no treatment. What would the consequences be?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is really not the HCV viral load that predicts the outcome of hepatitis C, it is the biopsy report. Unlike HIV, the viral load has little to do with the prognosis. The liver biopsy score for fibrosis on a 0-4 scale is like t cells, with 4 being cirrhosis, which is what we want to avoid. So that tells us how far along the path to cirrhosis your liver is and generally your prognosis. DTD

sero-conversion exposure time frame
AIDS