What are the side affects of medication for Hepatitis C?

I have Hepatitis C and have been told recently that I should start taking the combination Interferon and Rib.. medication. I am scared to death because of the stories I hear about the side affects. I also have had extreme fatigue, and some dizziness which causes me to fall asleep at my desk and not able to completely concentrate on what I am doing. Before I start taking the medication should I ask the doctor to put be on disability for a few weeks to try and get some strength back.

Can you please help me.

SCARED OUT OF MY MIND

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Scared,

It is perfectly appropriate to be scared about the medication. However, it sounds like you have severe symptoms now even without the medication. The side effects are not fun, but they are like a cold. You have probably worked with a cold before, you can get through it. I would never disagree with a short break from work to rest up, but I would recommend that you do it when you start, because the first few weeks are the hardest and then it gets better. Good luck! DTD

Should I start standard combo again or wait for pegylated:
should I get tested??