|Should I start standard combo again or wait for pegylated:
Oct 16, 2000
I had to stop combo treatment after 3 months dues to the side effects and depression. I'm to begin it again very soon and my dr is waiting to use the pegylated form. My hepc vl is over 4 million now (went down to 2.000) on treatment and have level stage 3 disease. My hiv vl is somewhere around 8,000 and cd4 around 550. I'm not on and never been on hiv meds yet. I'm just wondering if there's something I could be taking while my dr is waiting to see when he wants to treat me for the hepc again...he says the hiv can wait. I stopped the combo in january...so have been on nothing since then. vroom
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It sounds like you should probably be taking antidepressants while you are waiting for the peg. The incidence of depression is not really any less on the peg so you should be preparing yourself that way to prevent it. If your viral load and t cells are that good then indeed you can wait. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
- Over The Counter Antibiotics For Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.