Should I start standard combo again or wait for pegylated:

I had to stop combo treatment after 3 months dues to the side effects and depression. I'm to begin it again very soon and my dr is waiting to use the pegylated form. My hepc vl is over 4 million now (went down to 2.000) on treatment and have level stage 3 disease. My hiv vl is somewhere around 8,000 and cd4 around 550. I'm not on and never been on hiv meds yet. I'm just wondering if there's something I could be taking while my dr is waiting to see when he wants to treat me for the hepc again...he says the hiv can wait. I stopped the combo in january...so have been on nothing since then. vroom

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Vroom,

It sounds like you should probably be taking antidepressants while you are waiting for the peg. The incidence of depression is not really any less on the peg so you should be preparing yourself that way to prevent it. If your viral load and t cells are that good then indeed you can wait. Good luck! DTD

DEEP PUNCTURE NEEDLE STICK BY KNOWN HIV PATIENT
What are the side affects of medication for Hepatitis C?