|can breast milk transfer hiv?
Oct 24, 2000
sir I'm 24 yrs age from france I went to a sex worker few weeks before I had no sex, but when took her breasts in mouth little of her milk was swallowed by me. am I at a risk of being infected by hiv? I am worried.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
No one has checked this in adults, however in infants who are breastfeeding, it does appear to be a risk. If you have been with sex workers you should get tested anyway. One exposure to breast milk is probably a low risk exposure. DTD
Saliva and hep B
hep A vaccine effective?
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.