|can breast milk transfer hiv?
Oct 24, 2000
sir I'm 24 yrs age from france I went to a sex worker few weeks before I had no sex, but when took her breasts in mouth little of her milk was swallowed by me. am I at a risk of being infected by hiv? I am worried.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
No one has checked this in adults, however in infants who are breastfeeding, it does appear to be a risk. If you have been with sex workers you should get tested anyway. One exposure to breast milk is probably a low risk exposure. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.