Symptoms and Testing

What are the symptoms of Hepatitis C? How long after exposure does the avg test pos. I had a low risk exposure (penal-anal with a condom I was inserter) we kissed(tongue) briefly and I noticed some blood on my tongue (mine not his) I was tested neg at 28 days after this exposure for Hep and HIV. I know for HIV to be retested at 3 mo what about Hep? I have had intermittent diarrhea and I had some fatigue and burning sensations in the arms and legs that lasted for 4 weeks. I had no fever; no headache; no night sweats.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

3 months should get most of the HCV as well, although to be certain, ask your MD to check your liver tests as well. It sounds like a low risk encounter. Good luck! The symptoms of hepatitis are easy to miss, fatigue, right upper quadrant pain, dark urine, light stool, but most commonly no symptoms. DTD

HCV Treatment
Saliva and hep B