possible exposure

Let me start by saying I'm a bisexual male. In Aug. of this year I had receptive anal sex using a condom with only saliva as a lubricant. The condom did not break but did roll up a little, about a week later I experienced loose and runny bowel movements that lasted for two weeks and then cleared up, in the following few days I had a great deal of tenderness in the lymph nodes at the upper back of my neck which lasted for several days they did not swell but they did hurt, now last week I had a slightly swollen lymph node in my groin. I tested for hiv at 8 weeks from the possible exposure it was negative. I'm extremely stressed. Does this sound like acute hiv syndrome to you, and is there a better test than the elisa that I can ask my doctor for when i see him next week?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Most acute HIV infections do present with fevers sweats and tender lymph nodes. However, so do most viral infections. If you want a more accurate test, ask your MD to check the HIV by PCR, that is the final best test. Good luck! DTD

HCV RE-INFECTION
HBV status