Oct 24, 2000
Can you be reinfected with HCV giving you a supervirus? Is the HCV virus more deadly to HIV ers?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes to both. Some people have had many HCV infections, in fact even if you beat one infection with HCV, you can be infected again! So don't take risks! HCV progresses to cirrhosis about twice as fast in people who have HIV and is certainly more deadly! The urgency to treat co-infected patients is even greater than in HCV mono infected patients, because the disease progresses so much more rapidly. DTD
Question about HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin To Treat Vaginal Infections
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.