Oct 24, 2000
Can you be reinfected with HCV giving you a supervirus? Is the HCV virus more deadly to HIV ers?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes to both. Some people have had many HCV infections, in fact even if you beat one infection with HCV, you can be infected again! So don't take risks! HCV progresses to cirrhosis about twice as fast in people who have HIV and is certainly more deadly! The urgency to treat co-infected patients is even greater than in HCV mono infected patients, because the disease progresses so much more rapidly. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The Master Cleanse And Hiv
- Do Hiv Patients Keep A Slightly High Temperature?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.