|My friend is HIV positive.
Oct 24, 2000
I have been living with my friend just a roommate not a sexual partner for 2 years. He has just found out the he is HIV positive. I am concerned about the risks. I just had a CBC test 1 month ago and everything was normal. Any chance for possible HIV exposure other that my roommate was 2 years ago. Do you think I have anything to worry about?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
HIV is only transmitted through blood or sex. If you are not having sex, then don't share razors or tooth brushes other than that, be careful if he cuts himself and is bleeding. There should not be other risks. Good luck! DTD
Therapy and Marijuana
Question about HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.