worried about hiv

I had unprotected sex about a year ago since then i have experienced recurring itching on the testicles penis and rectum. I have been to the doctor about 3 times and they said it was jock itch. I have been seeing a dermatologist for 2 years for acne and she prescribed accutane she did blood test to check my kidneys and liver I guess. Would hiv show up on this test? also could this be a reaction to the drug although I have been off it for 3 months?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no reason to worry. Just get tested! Routine blood tests do not test for HIV. Your MD has to ask you specifically about it or you have to ask your MD. HIV is very treatable now. If you catch it early, it will not even affect your lifespan! It is not possible to diagnose HIV by symptoms, only a blood test will do. Good luck! DTD

HCV/HIV vitamins and herbs
really scared