|Just learned I'm HIV & HVC positive
Oct 28, 2000
I recently learned from a routine physical that I'm both HIV and HVC positive. I understand this is relatively common.Needless to say I'm very worried. Is this a death sentence? My Internist referred me to a infectious disease specialist and a liver specialist within the same med group. Am I on the right track? What can I expect? Do you have any particular advice?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It sounds like you are being well advised. Each disease needs to be evaluated separately and each person needs to be evaluated individually. HCV is treatable and curable! HIV is eminently treatable now too. Neither one alone or together are a death sentence. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- What Does It Mean If I Test Positive For Herpes Antibodies?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Most Common Ways To Get Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.