|testing false positive for HIV
Oct 28, 2000
Dear Dr.Dieterich, My boyfriend tested positive for HIV in January. He went and got retested this month and it came back negative. Is it possible that the first test could've been false? I was just wondering if that happens often or not.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is possible to be sure. However I would advise him to get the PCR test and I would advise you to have safe sex with him under any circumstances. Be careful! DTD
hepatitis c lifespan
Just learned I'm HIV & HVC positive
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore Testicles Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.