|testing false positive for HIV
Oct 28, 2000
Dear Dr.Dieterich, My boyfriend tested positive for HIV in January. He went and got retested this month and it came back negative. Is it possible that the first test could've been false? I was just wondering if that happens often or not.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is possible to be sure. However I would advise him to get the PCR test and I would advise you to have safe sex with him under any circumstances. Be careful! DTD
hepatitis c lifespan
Just learned I'm HIV & HVC positive
- Swelling In The Throat And Thrush
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up Up In A Person Blood?
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- Will My Body Carry The Hpv Virus Forever?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.