pls answer

I had acute Hep B from July 04 till about end of Aug 01. When I visited Dr in Sept. said liver function was normal, but no antibodies yet. I mgoing to go back in Jan to see if antibody is here. If HIV+ wouldnt the symptoms have been worse though, during acute phase. If I am HIV + could I still get rid of HEP B like normal? Please answer Thanx

Response from Dr. Fried

The symptoms of acute HBV and acute HIV infection overlap to some degree, but there are unique features to both. Thus, you would not be able to discern which infection you acquired solely from symptoms. If your liver tests normalized, that is a good sign that you are on your way to clearing HBV. However, your doctor should recheck HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen). If this has become negative, then you did clear the infection, even if you did not yet develop anti-HBs.

vaccines
hepatitis from other viruses