|transmission of hep C to baby?
Oct 28, 2000
I have just learned that I am HCV positive. I don't know how I got it and when. Probably in a surgical operation, cos I had a few in the past. My husband also got checked he is negative,though we had unsafe sex always. I have a 2,5 year old baby and I am very concerned about her. What is the chances that she is also positive too?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The chances of transmission to your baby are very low. In the past studies it was about 5% in women who have had vaginal deliveries and slightly lower in women who had C sections. You can have her checked, and you should but it is unlikely that she is infected! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.