Wife Pregnant !!! Is PCR Accurate?

Hi, Dr. My wife is 6.5 months pregnant and I could have was at risk of any STD about 6 months ago. I have gotten tested voluntarily and her as a routine b/c she is pregnant. I tested (-)for antibody at 5 months and took a PCR test that aslo came back (-) at aprox. 70 days later after possible exposure. Should I trust this and make it conclusive and put it behind me. I am very scared and also do these type of test test for HIV 2 , and is it needed?

Thank You.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Father to be,

You should be OK if the PCR was negative 70 days after your risk. Relax and enjoy the baby! DTD

confusion
Blood test positive/westernblot negative