Wife Pregnant !!! Is PCR Accurate?
Oct 28, 2000
Hi, Dr. My wife is 6.5 months pregnant and I could have was at risk of any STD about 6 months ago. I have gotten tested voluntarily and her as a routine b/c she is pregnant. I tested (-)for antibody at 5 months and took a PCR test that aslo came back (-) at aprox. 70 days later after possible exposure. Should I trust this and make it conclusive and put it behind me. I am very scared and also do these type of test test for HIV 2 , and is it needed?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Father to be,
You should be OK if the PCR was negative 70 days after your risk. Relax and enjoy the baby! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.