Oct 28, 2000
can hepatitis and hiv be confused as far as testing.i have a niece who got hepatitis (dont know which type) when she was a child and now diagnosed with hiv.could she had been misdiagnosed?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Of course there are always laboratory errors and false positive and false negative lab tests. It is not really possible to confuse the viruses. If there is doubt, a repeat test for both should clear it up! Wish her luck! DTD
HIV & Hepatitis B
Wife Pregnant !!! Is PCR Accurate?
- Sensual Massage Risks
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.