Oct 28, 2000
can hepatitis and hiv be confused as far as testing.i have a niece who got hepatitis (dont know which type) when she was a child and now diagnosed with hiv.could she had been misdiagnosed?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Of course there are always laboratory errors and false positive and false negative lab tests. It is not really possible to confuse the viruses. If there is doubt, a repeat test for both should clear it up! Wish her luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tongue Pain Bumps And Thrush
- Can You Be Hiv Positive And Have A Normal Pap Smear?
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- Can You Pass Hep C To Your Unborn Child?
- Heterosexual Hiv Chances Of Transmission
- Why Is It That Some People Contract Hiv And Some Don't?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.