I just found out my partner of 4 years has hepatitis c. Can you give me some info. on how it affects lesbians? I have found lots of info. on it in general,but not much on lesbian sex and other matter to be concerned with.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is really no data on lesbian sexual transmission of hepatitis C. It is not a real sexually transmitted disease even in heterosexuals. The most important thing to avoid is blood. So don't share razors or toothbrushes and don't have sex during menses and if you are using any devices that may have blood on them, don't exchange them. Other than that, I would not worry much about it. Good luck and have fun! DTD

hepatitis c
Interferon Treatment