Oct 28, 2000
I would like to know if this decease can be spread by casual contact such as food handlers in public places or be handling items from a person with hepatitis c.
John in Fort Worth
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
No it can not. Hepatitis A can be spread by food handlers, but not hepatitis C or B. Hepatitis B and C are spread by blood and sex. You can still get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B so if you are worried go get vaccinated. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.