hepatitis B immunization

dear dr.,

I have some questions concerning the hepatitis B immunization. What are the precautions one must take to ensure a safe and accurate immunization? Should the person be alcohol, aspirin, or drug free for a certain amount of time before the immunization? I am very concerned because a close friend of mine and I are going to take the hepatitis b immunization at our local hospital, and my friend has used ecstasy (the drug) quite recently. Please help, I am worried. Also, how much time after the injections can one take ecstasy? Do the chemicals in the hepatitis B immunization conflict with ecstasy? I cannot stop my friend from taking ecstasy, but I can recommend her not to take it if I am aware of possible conflicts between ecstasy and chemicals in the hepatitis b immunization. Please respond asap. thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Hepatitis B,

There are no studies concerning that combination. However I would discourage her from using ecstasy for a variety of reasons. I would also encourage both of you to get your hepatitis B vaccines regardless of ecstasy use. Good luck! DTD

HIV thro' mouth ulcer ?
hepatitis c