hcv

I found out I had HCV a year ago I had a biopsy and they told me I had a type 1b geno. type I don't have any damage at all but was told that Interferon wouldn't help me rid the HCV what can I do? I have been in the medical field for eighteen years and am sure I got it from a patient. I would like to take something to get rid of it if at all possible.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I think that your wishes as a patient should be paramount. In my practice, I consider the patient's wishes, the biopsy the patient's age and other factors. If you really want to be treated(and it is not easy to take this medicine) ask your MD and explain your reasoning. If he or she will not help, then get another opinion. Good luck! DTD

Treatment
HIV thro' mouth ulcer ?