I'm Hep C and scared for baby

I wrote before with concern for my six month old daughter and when she went for blood work her ALT's were at 378 and AST is 124. Can you tell me more about what is going on nd what I should be doing right now. Because my pediatrician is being evasive. Thank you, SCARED MOM WITH LIMITED RESOURCES

Response from Dr. Fried

The chance of transmission from mother to child is very small. Nevertheless, because your child has elevated liver enzymes further evaluation is definitely warranted. A simple blood test (anti-HCV) can determine if your daughter was infected with HCV. In addition, other types of hepatitis or kinds of liver disease can cause increased liver enzymes. If your pediatrician is not familiar with evaluating these issues, ask for a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist or find a pediatrician who can get some answers for you.

need some piece of mind