|Paxil and Trazadone Effects on Liver (with Hep C + HIV)
Nov 13, 2000
Hello Doctor - I am a 49 year old HIV+, also Hepatitis C Positive male. Also unfortunately, an alcoholic. My doctor has prescribed Paxil (20 mg) and Trazadone for me. This combo definitely makes it possible for me NOT to drink alcohol, but I'm wonder if Paxil and Trazadone are as bad on the liver (like some HIV meds) as Alcohol itself? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
No not at all. That combination is a good one and unlike to harm the liver and much less likely than alcohol to harm the liver. Keep it up! DTD
Where to get DNA PCR test for Hepatitis B?
HIV+ Hepatitis C
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- Dating An Hiv Positive Person
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of Gonorrhea?
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.