HCV/HIV

I was just diagnosed with acute hcv through Riba and Quan/Qual PCR's. I am relatively sure the infection was from a sex worker in Las Vegas. This was 13 weeks ago.

I read on the Hopkins site that acute HCV can delay HIV antibody detection. Is that just up to the 12 week window period or for a longer period of time. I am going crazy with the HCV diagnosis - I hope I don't need to add HIV paranoia to my concerns.

Thanks for the great work

Response from Dr. Dieterich

HCV might slow the antibody window a little, but get the PCR! In the meantime you should be seeking treatment for the acute HCV! In the acute stage it is almost 100% treatable! Good luck! DTD

Re: Diagnosed HCV at 10 weeks and cure
I need help