|what is hep c genotype 1a
Nov 13, 2000
i have hepatitis c,and my doctor told me i had genotype 1a.
he did not tell me what this is and whether it is the worst type or anything about it. could you please tell me a little about this?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are 4 major genotypes in the US 1,2,3 and 4. Most US infections (75%) are genotype 1.It is harder to treat, with a lower response rate than 2 and 3. 4 is quite rare, but acts more like 1. Treatment of 2 and 3 usually requires only 6 months of treatment. The new pegylated interferons seem to offer most of their advantage to genotype 1 patients. Good luck! DTD
Hep C and CD4 count
Length of treatment
- Blood In Semen After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Burning Sensation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.