HIV / Hepatitis Questions

Dr. Dieterich

I am doing some research on bloodborne pathogens, and It was brought up in discussion about Feminine hygiene products that find their way to land fills. Namely feminine napkins and the like, The concern was weather HIV or Hepatitis Viruses could survive exposure in that context, As in dried vaginal discharges on the napkins or do we have a land fill issue, That needs to be addressed?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Both viruses are fairly fastidious and do not survive outside of the body for very long. In addition, the viruses if they did survive would have to be injected into people to cause harm. I do not believe this to be a realistic worry. DTD

Marijuana Usage with Hepatitis C
Hep C and CD4 count