Length of Treatment for HCV
Nov 13, 2000
Would you recommend remaining on treatment with Interferon and Ribavirin longer than 6 months if I have genotype 2 and have had an undetectable viral load since the second month of treatment? Is there a greater chance of "cure" with longer treatment?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It depends on if you have a high level of fibrosis on biopsy or if you have HIV. If you have neither, there is probably no reason to continue for 12 months. However if you do, then most people would suggest 12 months. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.