|Length of Treatment for HCV
Nov 13, 2000
Would you recommend remaining on treatment with Interferon and Ribavirin longer than 6 months if I have genotype 2 and have had an undetectable viral load since the second month of treatment? Is there a greater chance of "cure" with longer treatment?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It depends on if you have a high level of fibrosis on biopsy or if you have HIV. If you have neither, there is probably no reason to continue for 12 months. However if you do, then most people would suggest 12 months. DTD
INFO on SGOT & SGPT
Marijuana Usage with Hepatitis C
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- 20 Months Negative Persistent Symptoms
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Womans Breasts?
- Hiv Transmission Bottom To Top
- Open Cut Contact To Blood On Surfaces Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.