|Post Exposure vaccination?
Nov 13, 2000
If I was exposed to HBV and given the 3 series immunization shots, would it provide any benefits? Once you are exposed to HBV and your body clears the virus, are you considered immune or can reinfection occur?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The post exposure vaccination would have to be soon after infection and by itself, is helpful but not foolproof. It would have to be administered with HB Igg or gammaglobulin to be really effective. Once you clear HBV you are considered immune and cannot get it again. DTD
ARE MANY OF THE COINFECTED PERSON A RESULT OF THE MEDICATIONS
Hemophilia, AIDS and Hepatitis C
- Burning Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.