Is it going away?
Nov 27, 2000
My doctor like to be very vague with me when it comes to my questions concerning Hepatitis and HIV. I have HIV, and also had Hepatitis B when diagnosed. Now, after 8 months, I have started producing a "Hep B antibody". I have tried asking 1000 questions about this and he evades it desperately saying "It's a good thing".
What exactly is happening to me in this case? I am completely in the dark here, and want to know more.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If what he is saying is that the HBeAg has converted to HBeAntibody, then it is good news that usually means that the hepatitis B is under good control and you are no longer infectious. Ask him directly about e antigen and e antibody. Good Luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.