Is it going away?

My doctor like to be very vague with me when it comes to my questions concerning Hepatitis and HIV. I have HIV, and also had Hepatitis B when diagnosed. Now, after 8 months, I have started producing a "Hep B antibody". I have tried asking 1000 questions about this and he evades it desperately saying "It's a good thing".

What exactly is happening to me in this case? I am completely in the dark here, and want to know more.

Thanks

Aaron

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Aaron,

If what he is saying is that the HBeAg has converted to HBeAntibody, then it is good news that usually means that the hepatitis B is under good control and you are no longer infectious. Ask him directly about e antigen and e antibody. Good Luck! DTD

Born To a Infected Mother
HIV and HCV