|Re: Diagnosed HCV at 10 weeks and cure
Jan 27, 2002
I was just diagnosed with HCV and was told that this is a chronic ailment with no cure.
Your exchange with this post implies a cure with a high success rate.
Could you clarify this for me. Is there a cure???
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Absolutely. Unlike HIV and HBV, HCV does not integrate into the genome. If the HCV PCR is negative 6 months after stopping therapy and the chances of that are over 50% now, then the HCV is 99% likely to be cured. There is data from patients cured 10 years ago and they are still PCR negative and their liver biopsies have returned to normal. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Bj Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.