Re: Diagnosed HCV at 10 weeks and cure

I was just diagnosed with HCV and was told that this is a chronic ailment with no cure.

Your exchange with this post implies a cure with a high success rate.

Could you clarify this for me. Is there a cure???

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Absolutely. Unlike HIV and HBV, HCV does not integrate into the genome. If the HCV PCR is negative 6 months after stopping therapy and the chances of that are over 50% now, then the HCV is 99% likely to be cured. There is data from patients cured 10 years ago and they are still PCR negative and their liver biopsies have returned to normal. DTD

Please help