Please help

Dear Doctor Dieterich,

This is a similar question to one I already submitted. Please help me with an answer. In your response to another question on the forum "Can having hep c affect hiv testing", you give a strong no, in that there is no correlation between the tests. That is the answer I want as I am HCV+. Yet in other posts you seem to defer to a six month window as opposed to the Body's general comfort position of 12 weeks for definitive testing. Has your thinking changed. I hope not but please give me some guidance.

Thanks very much for all you do!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no absolutely certain window period, everyone is different. The only way to be certain is to retest. PCR should absolutely be positive by 12 weeks antibody by 24 weeks. Those are all with only reasonable medical certainty as we say in court. There are no absolutes in this field unfortunately. DTD

Clear Chronic HBV even with HIV
Re: Diagnosed HCV at 10 weeks and cure