Window period for hepatitis

Dear Doctor,

I have had an incident qualified (depending on the sources) as no risk or very low risk for HIV. However, I have panicked....I have taken and HIV test at six weeks after the incident -- the result was negative. At the same time the clinic performed tests for all the strains of hepatitis and they came negative. They seemed to imply that that was enough as hepatitis is concerned (I will repeat the HIV test after the window period). Do you think that I should retest for hepatitis or follow the opinion of the clinic and consider that I do not have any of its forms?

Thanking you in advance for your answer.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Actually it depends on what tests they did for hepatitis. However I would suggest retesting for hepatitis as well, there is also a window period for that. Good luck! DTD

PLs, more about HCV
HEPATITIS C AND PREGNANCY