PLs, more about HCV

My partner of 4 years and I have both been diagnosed with HCV, and were wondering what the treatment is. We have separate DRs. Mine has said no treatment is needed at this time. My partner has yet to see his DR., but has an appointment next week. Can you tell us anything about the HCV, as we are having a hard time finding out pertinent information.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is not clear if you HIV or not. However that really does not make much difference. Most liver MD's make a recommendation for treatment based on the patient's age, sex, HCV genotype and the liver biopsy results. If you have had all those tests, and participated in your treatment decision, then you should be well informed. Your partner should ask for the same evaluation and the same care in decision making. Good luck! DTD

Can i get it too????
Window period for hepatitis