Can i get it too????

Dear Dr..

My name is Tami,and my girlfriend Nancy and I have been sleeping with each other for over a month now. She just told me that she has Hepatitis C. This is a homosexual relationship we are in. After our sexual moments together we realized that she had been bleeding. And I just wanted to know could I have it? And i was wondering if you could send some information to me on Hep C... please reply to me

thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Tami,

Hepatitis C is rarely transmitted sexually. However, blood can be infectious but it has to get into your blood stream to give you the infection. I would recommend that you get tested, try to avoid practices that expose you to blood and get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B if you are not immune! DTD

So Much Conflicting Info on the Net
PLs, more about HCV