What is hepatitis C Core Antibody
Nov 27, 2000
I have Hepatitis C Core Antibody. Does this mean that I have the antibody to fight off Hepatitis or does this mean that I have Hepatitis?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is probably hepatitis B core antibody. That means that you have had hepatitis B. If that is your only antibody it means that you have had HBV and are better and do not need the vaccine. However if the surface antigen is positive then you may still have hepatitis B. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.