Hepatitis

I was told that I had hepitis and I am worrying my self to death before I meet with a specialist. Please tell me what does unremarkable liver,kidney and pancreas. Is there help with various drug treatments at my age of 53. I am not a drug user but my condition of my liver is of someone that has engaged with drugs. Please explain. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Fried

This is not the time for worrying. Think about the questions that you want to ask your specialist (like you did for this forum) and write them down. Bring the questions with you to the appointment as well as a friend or family member who can help you remember the answers.

From your question, it's not clear if you have HCV or HBV or what. Treatments are available for HBV and HCV, and the natural course of both diseases may be very mild. So more than likely you will do just fine, but I'm glad you're going for a full evaluation of your liver since that is the only way to be sure what are the best treatment options for you as well as evaluating your long-term prognosis.

hiv+, don't know about hcv yet
Finding clinical trials