|Discovery of HepC
Jan 21, 2002
When did Michael Houghton discover Hepatitis C? How long has the medical industry known of Hepatitis C?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
He found it in the late 1980's, but the test was not standardized for blood banking effectively until June 1992. There was some testing for it in 1991, but it was not perfect. He is working hard on a vaccine for HCV now. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hep C To Show Up?
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.