Hepatitis from peircings? I'm so scared. Please help!

I got an upper ear pericng in November and I got my eyebrow peirced in September. (?) And recently a friend of mine just died from Hepatitis. (belly button peircing) The guy who did her pericng ended up being my peircer. She got her peircing after I got both of mine. I got my shots I beleive in grade 7 and 8. Am I at risk for Hepatitis? What should I do to find out? I haven't been feeling sick or anything. How long does it take to effect? I reallty need to know, because I am very scared. Thank you. (I took the peircings that he gave me out) Windsor, ont. Canada. age:15

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The answer is simple. Go to your MD and ask him or her to check for hepatitis A B and C antibodies. If you don't have antibodies to A and B you can get vaccinated. If you have the antibody to C, you need further testing. While you are there, get an HIV test too. Sounds like you are fine, but you can't tell by symptoms. You need to get tested! Good luck! DTD

VACINE HBV 2nd TIME!
Discovery of HepC