regaining lost fat

I am a 43 year old man and have been on a holiday from hiv meds since last May. My t-cell count is stable at 850 and my viral load is at 8000. Despite the fact that I eat a high fat , high carb diet, I continue to lose fat. I lift weights 3-4 times a week. I've lost alot of fat in my buttocks, face, and legs. My vascularity is pronounced. What can I do to gain it back? MY doctor is testing my testosterone levels for deficiency and will know those results this week. He also told me to take l-carnitine and coenzyme q10 as a supplement. Are these supplements beneficial for fat gain? What would you advise? Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The testosterone is a good idea and should help you build muscle and strength. The antioxidant vitamins also should help too. However the overwhelming majority of patients who lose fat do not gain a great deal of it back. I think you are doing all the right things. Keep them up and you should be as good as you can be. It can also take a long time (up to a year) to get the fat back if it does come back. Be patient and positive! DTD

liver enzime readings and magic potion
VACINE HBV 2nd TIME!