VACINE HBV 2nd TIME!

Hi! I was vacined against HBV on 2 occassions month a part of each other. I am to repeat for the third and last time in exactly 5 months. So, am I immune fully, and if not to what extent I am immune to HBV after receiving the second vacine. I was told by medical personnel that it is already safe after 2nd vacine. Is it true? Moreover, I am not automatically protected from HepA, since have not taken combined Hep A&B vacine? Is it true that I can still get infected by A in. lets say sauna or bathroom or if I am there with possibly infected individual?

Response from Dr. Fried

Most people have developed immunity after the second HBV vaccination, however, it is not guaranteed and this should be reflected in your behaviors.

The risk of hepatitis A from exposures you describe would be low. However, common source outbreaks do occur and I regularly care for patients with acute hepatitis A. If you are still concerned, the hepatitis A vaccine is a good option, particularly if you are planning any travel to developing countries.

genotype 2b with high viral load
hepatitis and stools