genotype 2b with high viral load

What are my chances of becoming undetectable. I am genotype 2b with a viral load of 4 million. I have no fibrosis. I am being treated with pegintron and the ribavirin, supposedly for 6 months if I am undetectable at 3 months.Should I ask to be treated for a year?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You have an excellent chance of cure with the early response at week 12.The duration of therapy for 24 weeks vs.48 weeks has not been reported yet in large trials, with Peg-Intron or Pegasys ,plus RBV.There is some data that suggest that longer duration decreases relapses, even in prior non responders.I would say that most probably 24 weeks will be enough,but you should discuss with your physician the later data,and see if there is a documented benefit of longer duration in the next months.In the absence of large studies,it will depend in how you tolerate the drug,side effects,and mostly if you prefer to err on the side of agressive vs.conservative.Still, if you relapse after 24 weeks,you can have a trial with Pegasys-RBV,for 48 weeks.Good luck!

how do i protect myself from hep
VACINE HBV 2nd TIME!