|how do i protect myself from hep
Jan 19, 2002
i have a roomate who just found out she has hepA and i want to know how to protect myself from it.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis A is trasmitted by oral ingestion of food or water with the virus.The virus is excreted in the fece of infected patients during the acute infection only.All cases of Hep A clear the virus.Usually the patients ARE NOT INFECTIOUS when they develop the symptoms,or are diagnosed. If you do not travel to an area where the disease is very frequent,just good basic hygiene will make you safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.