Please help interpret Hep B test results

My recent test results shows: HB S AG W/REFLEX CONF positive >14.6 HB E AG negative HB E AB positive HB CORE AB,TOT positive HB S AB 50.2 HB CORE AB (IGM) negative HBV DNA <5 pg/ml Liver test results: ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 139 AST 33 ALT 47

Also,could you please answer this question: My husband of many years has tested negative for all the above.Is it possible or the test was not accurate? I heard that HEP B is sexually transmited ...he is neg after many years of relationship...?

What does it mean if somebody is HB E AB positive and HB E Ag negative? Is it poss that the child received e Antibody from it's mother (test result above)or he was infected during the birth? Is now: HB S Ag neg with HB S Ab pos,and HB Core Ab ,Tot positive. Thank you very much for taking time to help me understand this very complicated issue !

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The child was infected and cleared the virus ,and has now immunity for HBV.This is showed by the reactive HBsAb. The mother's tests show HVB in the process of clearance or resolution.The HBeAb is seen when the infection is clearing and after the HBeAg is already negative.When the e antigen is negative,the patient is not infectious,and you can see that there is no active virus in blood.(HBV DNA negative),.We should expect next, to loss all the HBsAg and retain the HBsAb and HBcAB reactive.The s(surface antibody),may be lost after many years,but the core;c;antibody will remain as a permanent marker of past infection. Your husband has not been infected yet, and he has no inmmunity neither.He should have the HBV vaccine as soon as possible.You should also have safe sex till you are sure that the HBsAg,is negative.The incubation period of HBV can be up to 6 months,so still your husband can develop acute Hepatitis.Good luck.

HEP B vaccine failure
HIV/HCV Co-infection