HEP B vaccine failure

Dear Doctor,

I had the 3 Hep B shots but there are no antibodies and the doctor told me this was because of poor immunity in general although i dont suffer colds etc more than other people.

I am not sure of reasons but could it be possible due to different vaccines.

I work in China and the first vaccine was given in November 2000 in London, the second ( by a related clinic ) in Thailand in Dec 2000 but the third was in China in July 2001 and was in a seperate state hospital where the product may have been different or improperly stored.

Could this be an answer or is the poor immunity more likely or could there be other reasons ?

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Most non responses are secondary to problems at administration and absorption.(granted that the vaccine is in good condition).It is recommended that the vaccine is given with a long needle,and directly to the deltoid muscle (arm),never in the gluteal area. You should repeat the schedule,and follow these intructions.If you followed the proper method and still did not respond,your physician can contact the Pharmaceutical Company for their reccomendations,it may be a higher dose.

Dying from Hep C
Please help interpret Hep B test results