HepC Geno 2b has good chance of being cured?

Hello. I have chronic hepatitis C. I have probably had it for many years. My genotype is 2b, ALT 53, Virus load around 990,000. I am 19 year old male and my liver is functioning at normal and my ultra sound is normal. Here is the story, my Gastroenterologist told me that if I go on Peginterferon alfa-2b with Rebetol, I have a 95 chance of being cured. Can this be right? A 95 chance is huge! Thank you very much!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You have the best opportunity to be cured than any other HCV group.Your good prognosis factors are ;genotype 2,low viral load ,minimal liver disease ,young age at infection.Your chances may not be as high as 95% but certaingly as high as 85% in intention to treat studies. What is important for you to discuss with your doctor at this time, is if Peg Intron and Rebetol is better for you than the standard therapy with Rebetron.The data submitted to FDA ,showed no differences in responses between this two combinations,in your group.On the other hand, Peg Intron is more costly, and has more side effects. You may opt to wait a while (you have no rush at all!!),and consider the other Peg (Pegasys and RBV), with less side effects),and the best reported data. If you decide to use Rebetron, the results in non-responders with Pegasys are better ,if you are so unlucky as to not respond. The important thing for you to understand is that you have a great prognosis with any combination,and you also have the time to deal with a non response. I would love that all my cases were like you.!!

VACINE HBV 2nd TIME!
HEPAPITIS AND STD IN WATER? PLS ANSWER