I have hep and had a baby. The baby?

I have cronic hep c with mild scarring of the liver. I did 6 months of the interferon pills and shots. The side effects were realy hard on me. I dident stick with it. 8 months later I got pregnant. Now I have a beautiful 9 month baby girl. I need to know what kind of chance there is of her having it. I am breast feeding still. she dosent have any of the symptoms that I had. I know most people dont but when I contracted the virus, within weeks i was extreamly ill. The doctars I have asked about this seem to shrug off the subject. can any of you help me out.

Response from Dr. Fried

The risks of passing hepatitis C to your child are very small. Because of this, there are no specific recommendations for changing any childbirth practices. These are issues that you should discuss with your pediatrician. When your child gets older and drawing blood is not so difficult, it is recommended that the child get tested for hepatitis C on one occasion. More than likely it will be negative and you can stop worrying about hepatitis C for your child.

Hepatitis A
CANT REST UNTIL I KNOW!!!!!