Hepatitis A

I work in a nursing home and a resident has expose everyone to Hepatis A via liquid feces-large incontinent etc. I am vaccinated against Hep B and immune there. Everyone is in the dark about an A vaccine. i want to be tested and get one . am I nuts for being scared. I am haveing loose stools and losing weight. Could you please help me and aswer my query? Thank you kindly!

Response from Dr. Fried

Hepatitis A can be definitely transmitted through contact with feces from a person with acute hepatitis A. The most infectious period is just before the person develops symptoms of hepatitis A. It is important for the healthcare professionals at the nursing home to determine if the resident you describe really has hepatitis A: The hepatitis A IgM should be positive. If so, this must be reported to the local health authorities. Measures to prevent an outbreak include administration of immune serum globulin to those who were exposed within two weeks from the first diagnosis and hepatitis A vaccine. The hepatitis A vaccine is very effective in providing protection against hepatitis A.

ACH443 Trials
I have hep and had a baby. The baby?